Dating without intent to marry is like

Giving notice means making a legal declaration that you are both free to marry each other and will require you to provide certain documents and pay a statutory fee.

You may do this up to one year before the date of the ceremony and it must be done in person.

A Notice of Marriage or civil partnership is a legal statement that you must sign.

After the 28 (or 70 in some cases) clear days have expired your authority to marry will be issued.Please do this before contacting the register office as you may need to give notice to us. Please be aware we can only take notice for a marriage or civil partnership abroad from British nationals.If you are a non British national, please contact your embassy for information.Make an appointment When you visit the Register Office you will be asked some simple questions about yourself and your partner.The Superintendent Registrar will complete a form for you to sign.After 28 days, the paperwork you need to get married or form a civil partnership is issued.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!